Monday, November 21, 2011

SUBVERSIVE PAINTING WITH TIMOTHY OJILE


The assignment was to paint ourselves as both baby and old person.  Here Timothy is holding up Kristen's strangely evocative painting.  Kristen was actually quite shocked at what had come from her brush.  That's exactly what I like about Timothy's classes.  You never know what you're going to come up with.  It may be something lovely or something weirdly alien.  I blame the discordant music Timothy plays during class for inciting us to come up with the latter. 

I wish I had taken pictures of all the work that was done in the three sessions to show the amazing expressive talents of everyone in the class, but I only have the following photos.

Self portraits:

Portraits of self as baby and old woman:


Just painting...

Tamara's gorgeous painting of herself in the future
This is a team portrait of Timothy as Angel and Devil:
Maria and I painted Angelic Timothy on the left. 
Notice his halo, his sweetly-pulsing heart, and the flowery words flowing out of his mouth!
Cynthia and Mae did Timothy's dark side: fangs, pitch fork, and stinger tail.
Hey, nothing like making fun of the teacher!
Look for more pictures of my work in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how cool is that! The paintings are so different from each other. I would love to see my granddaughter's self-portrait at her present age of 4 years. I'll bet it will be really abstract. I, on the other hand, tend to be literal. haha.

    ReplyDelete