Saturday, February 19, 2011

OH, NO... NOT MORE BICYCLES!!!

Mercy me, try as I might, I'm still not finished with bicycles.  
This morning I came upon this unique contraption.


Then Kate sent me this:
Freezy rider: Barmy cyclist pedals along busy A-road with huge FRIDGE on the back of his bike.  Traffic came to a standstill as the man pedalled along the A1307 near Wandlebury, Cambridgeshire, with the bizarre enormous load.


Rain sent me a message via Facebook of... "
just one more bike example...one with a fridge attached to the side full of  Grolsch beer, riding around in Nijmegen (The Netherlands). Ice cold Grolsch in the hot park on a sunny day... mmmmmmm..."

 Bali Balloon Peddler (Photo by Thijs Lieffering)


I Googled "bikes under water" and found these:

"Bicycling under water is harder than it looks" -  Georgia Wiggs

The deepest cycling under water is 66.5 meters (214 feet, 10 inches) and was achieved by Vittorio Innocente in Santa Margherita Ligure, Liguria, Italy, on July 21, 2008.

 
A new underwater sculpture museum off the coast of Cancun features "an underwater Citizen Cyclist statue"

Why do I think this is still not the end, that more interesting bikes will show up?

1 comment:

  1. Who would've known? Excellent photos! The one with the fridge in the rear boggles my mind. You would think that the load would be so heavy that the front wheel would fly upwards. haha.

    ReplyDelete