Wednesday, December 25, 2013

CHRISTMAS EVE 2013

From left to right: Zack, Lindsey, Phil, Monique and Gary

I can't remember when I last saw my nephew Zack, but it was a loooong time ago.  So we were super excited to see him and meet his wife Lindsey. 

To make sure I would take pictures, I had placed my camera in a prominent place on the counter, but after meeting the magic that is Lindsey and Zack, I totally forgot I even had a camera.  Only at the end did it dawn on me.  I'm not exaggerating.  Lindsey is so open and fresh, you cannot not fall in love and simply adore her.  And Zack is just as brilliant and thoughtful and warm.  The two together are irresistible.  Such a blessing to count them as family.

So here we are, finally, stuffed to the gills with food and satiated with stories.  Only Lindsey has an excuse to eat for two because she is pregnant.  

Phil took the next photo.  He must have been too excited because it 's pretty blurry.



Since space is at a premium in Waikiki, our building does not offer any guest parking.  So earlier that day Phil hunted for a parking place along Ala Wai Blvd to park our car there, so that Gary could park in our assigned parking spot in the building.  A good thing too because Gary and Monique brought half their kitchen along, plus Gary's favorite chair.  By the blurriness of the picture you can see how excited I was to see Zack & Lindsey. 


Like refugees carrying all their belongings.  Fortunately it's a happy trek.

Thank you to Monique and Gary for helping me with the dinner!  Gary fixed a pot of ravioli and finished baking the pesto salmon I had prepared (he is my salmon expert) and Monique brought an abundance of her signature yummy healthy dishes.  In contrast I splurged on two pies (pumpkin and chocolate haupia). Plus ice cream!  Oh well, just once a year.

Wonder who will be joining us for Christmas next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment