Wednesday, June 27, 2012

MACHISMO MANLY MINTS


At the hotel gift shop in San Antonio, Texas, we found this hilarious tin of “Machismo Manly Mints.”  We thought it was so funny we couldn’t stop laughing and every time we thought about it later, we’d break out into another laughing fit.  “Machismo” has now become our code for “Time to laugh your ass off.”

We immediately bought a dozen tins to take back as gifts to Phil’s friends – or anyone else for that matter, male or female, who we think might benefit from a dose of “Machismo Manliness.”

Then yesterday Phil and I both happened to have appointments with our dentist, Dr. R.  We like him a lot, so Phil grabbed a tin of Machismo Manly Mints to present to him at the end of our treatments.  I went in first and Phil made himself comfortable in the waiting room by spreading out the reading material he had brought with him. 

While Dr. R was working on me, his phone rang.

Rochelle, his dental assistant, puzzled:
“Whose phone is that?”

Dr. R.:
“That’s my phone.”

Rochelle:
“You’re kidding. Really? Pocketful of Sunshine is your ringtone?” 

Dr. R.:
“Yeah, I like it. Natasha Bedingfield. Why, what’s wrong with it?”

Rochelle:
“Nothing. It’s just… you know… it doesn’t sound very manly.”

Hearing the word “manly” just about made me spit all their instruments out my mouth.  I wanted to yell, “Phil, come! Now! This is the perfect moment to present your Machismo MANLY Mints!!!”

Instead I waited, but as soon as Dr. R. finished with my teeth, I jumped out of the chair and ran into the waiting room to get Phil.  When Phil presented the mints to Dr. R. with great ceremony, we all had a big laugh.  Honestly, how often does anyone use the word “manly”?  So is this a coincidence or is it something we somehow magically manifested?

Phil doing his version of Machismo Manliness

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I guess it was meant to be! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny! Thank you Elsha and Phil for the Magical Manly Manifestation. I Mean...Mints and Machismo--together at last.
    Hella fun!
    Rea

    ReplyDelete