Saturday, November 27, 2010

WHY I WRITE

Why I Write, 2005
Plastic & cloth doll, found objects, mixed media

Why I Write

The lines from me
to what's not me
are tenuous

uneven
in their willy-
nilly reaching

sniffing
gulping air
hoping that somehow

the right sequence
of dots and numbers
will win the lottery 

of words but time
is not a friend
I must write

with nail hair
splintered bone
let my words run

silk on silk
but smell of fire
each line

a leap of muscle
honed
by vigilance

desire
the tempered steel
of fury



2 comments:

  1. hai elsha... can you give me thijs email...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bagus Joe. I do not give out people's email addresses without their permission, but if you give me your name and email address, I will be happy to forward it to Thijs. Okay?
    Elsha

    ReplyDelete