Wednesday, April 18, 2012

TREES, TREE TRIMMERS & A TREE TATTOO


 TREES

“The greatest wonder is
that we can see these trees
and not wonder more.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


 “I think people tend to forget
that trees are living creatures.
They're sort of like dogs.
Huge, quiet, motionless dogs,
with bark instead of fur.”
~ Jack Handy

“Climb a tree - it gets you closer to heaven.”
~ Author Unknown

“Being a woman has only bothered me in climbing trees.”
~ Frances Perkins

“As a kid, I might have been psycho, I guess,
but I used to throw golf balls in the trees
and try and somehow make par from them.
I thought that was fun.”
~ Tiger Woods

“Trees are your best antiques.”
~ Alexander Smith

“A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defense.” 
~ American Proverb

"Someone's sitting in the shade today
because someone planted a tree a long time ago."
~ Warren Buffett

"A tree is a tree - how many more do you need to look at?"
~ Ronald Reagan

TREE TRIMMERS 
They were trimming the ironwood trees
in Kapiolani Park today,
not a job for someone with fear of heights!


TREE TATTOO
A young man from Seattle caught my eye.
Check out his magnificent tree tattoo,
extending all the way down.



1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. That beautiful tattoo must've hurt. Love your photos and quotes, Elsha.

    ReplyDelete